Here are ways of Preventing the spread of Cholera:
1. Boiling or treating all drinking water or water used for cooking and storing it in clean covered containers.
2. Safe disposal of faeces, including children’s faeces, in toilets/latrines.
3. Always wash your hands with soap under running water before handling, preparing, serving, and eating food; feeding your child and after using the toilet or handling a child’s faeces
4. Cooking food thoroughly and serving it while still hot. All remaining food should be safely stored and covered to avoid contamination.
5. Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly with clean running water, especially if they are to be eaten raw.6. Get vaccinated against Cholera. The Oral Cholera Vaccine is given through the mouth and it’s free, safe, and effective. Please note: Patients with Cholera must be taken to a health center immediately. If not treated, Cholera may cause severe dehydration, leading to death.