HIV community-led monitoring (CLM) is an accountability mechanism for HIV responses at different levels, led and implemented by local community-led organizations of people living with HIV, networks of key populations, other affected groups or other community entities.
Community-led monitoring (CLM) is a technique initiated and implemented by local community-based organizations and other civil society groups, networks of key populations (KP), people living with HIV (PLHIV), and other affected groups, or other community entities that gather quantitative and qualitative data about HIV services. The CLM focus remains on getting input from recipients of HIV services in a routine and systematic manner that will translate into action and change.
The sensitization supported by KESWA (Kenya Sex Workers Alliance)
Here are ways of Preventing the spread of Cholera:
1. Boiling or treating all drinking water or water used for cooking and storing it in clean covered containers.
2. Safe disposal of faeces, including children’s faeces, in toilets/latrines.
3. Always wash your hands with soap under running water before handling, preparing, serving, and eating food; feeding your child and after using the toilet or handling a child’s faeces
4. Cooking food thoroughly and serving it while still hot. All remaining food should be safely stored and covered to avoid contamination.
5. Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly with clean running water, especially if they are to be eaten raw.6. Get vaccinated against Cholera. The Oral Cholera Vaccine is given through the mouth and it’s free, safe, and effective. Please note: Patients with Cholera must be taken to a health center immediately. If not treated, Cholera may cause severe dehydration, leading to death.